~Hey, Hey it's the bridesmaids, walking down the isle!~ Ok, so it's not the start of a Monkeys song, but it does make my point. So this past weekend my mom and I spent some time together and came up with some great ideas for what the bridesmaids will carry down the isle.
We went to Michael's and found some great lanterns, and it so happens they were in the perfect colors with two of each color left on their clearance rack. We grabbed them up and a few other items to decorate them with and so began our collective creativity.
Instead of the traditional flowers, I want something different for me and my bridesmaids to carry. I still haven't figured out what I will carry, but at least I have the beginnings of what the girls will carry. With a lantern, an electric candle, some moss and grasses and some feathers, you can see the prototype of what we designed.
So from my original idea of having a hurricane lamp, which is apparently very hard to find, we came up with this idea from what we found on the shelves at Michael's.
Not only is it unique and original, but it lights up! I love the way the candle light on the inside illuminates the little terrarium designed on the inside. It's hard to see in this photo, but it is very pretty with its soft glow.
Now this is not the final product, only the beginning stages of the idea. I am thinking it will have some moss on the outside at the base, and some dangling beads or ribbons or something on the side to balance out the feathers.
There are two colors, green glass and brown glass. They will be opposite of each other and each girl will get one depending on their dress color.
After the ceremony, each lamp can be placed on a table as a center piece as well, serving multiple functions. Since the ceremony will be at dusk, these will be very pretty when they are lit up and on display.
I'll post up the final image of them when they are done. Now to think about other decorations!

No comments:
Post a Comment