So I got to thinking today in my spare time, what should the bridesmaids carry? I researched the internet via my favorite site, Google, and found there are lots of ideas out there for this particular item.
Some brides choose to go with the very traditional flowers bouquets. Some brides break away from tradition a little and incorporate feathers or beads or buttons. Others still get more creative and make pieces like wheat bouquets. I thought those were very cute when I saw them. I even found one bride who went really unconventional and had her bridesmaids carry bibles. That's not my cup of latte, but it was interesting.
Ever since I was a little kid I have always loved my Aunt Grace's Christmas's at her house. She would incorporate themes from around the world each year and have different style of Christmas's for us kids to learn about and participate in. One Christmas tradition in particular stood out and to this day I still love the idea of it.
She told us of the tradition of either the German or Swedish caroling ceremony where little girls of the village would dress up in their Sunday best and carol around up and down the streets for the town. They would carry little lanterns that were decorated in holly and ribbons. They carried the lanterns to light their way at night. After the story, we were told to do the same thing so we could experience the same type of tradition. Though we kids only had to carry the lanterns from one room to another while singing, I still thought how pretty those little hurricane lanterns looked.
Anyway, that image stayed with me. I wanted to incorporate that idea into my bridesmaids bouquets. I Photoshoped what I kind of think they would look like. Here's what I came up with:
There are other options of course. I also like the idea of wheat and feathers, or feather fans. Either one of these ideas works also. I'm sure we'll find something that will look great with the venue.




No comments:
Post a Comment