Tuesday, February 8, 2011

There are many people out there who find someone who is compatible with them, who is willing to share their experiences with them and carry on a happy existence together. But fewer find someone who so completely understands them, someone who loves them for who they are; all their flaws and mistakes and cherishes them unconditional anyway.

I have found such a person who completes me and is willing to put up with my antics, tantrums and wild ideas. Together we are a team that can do anything. In July of 2010, my soul mate asked me to marry him and I said yes. We now being our voyage together into that rite of passage known as marriage.

I am not the kind of woman who has dreamed of her wedding since I was a child, so having to sit down and plan out dates, venues, dresses, colors, invitations, cakes, et cetera, et cetera is proving to be daunting. 

My original plan was to have the wedding in Belize on a Mayan temple. The date I wanted was September 10th, 2011, or 9/10/11. Since America is the only country to use the date format of Month/Day/Year, and September is a high rain season in Belize, I changed my date to October 9th, 2011. This way it is still 09/10/11 according to the date format of Day/Month/Year that the rest of the world recognizes. 

I have a few venue choices set up and have travel agents working out the details for hotel stay and the ceremony, but due to unforeseen family circumstances, I've decided to have a local wedding here also. I plan on having the local wedding so that my family can be there with me, which is more important to me than having a Mayan temple wedding, but I still want the mystical experience of the temple wedding, which to me is very spiritual, so I will also have a ceremony there. That one will be much smaller and mostly for me and the groom.

I am still looking into venues at this time and recently started the process of dress shopping, though I know I need to hurry up on that. I've found several I like, but what I don't like are their price tags. I know what I like now though after trying on different types and what works for my body. I will continue my search for the perfect dress and start working out venue details. 

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment