Ok, so today I thought about it and was trying to figure out what kind of music to choose for the venue. Should I go with a DJ or a band...or do I just bring my boom box and play old school jams. I think I have a few tapes left from the 80's that would be great to dance too. Who doesn't love big hair band ballads?
Seriously though, I got to thinking about it and since the venue will be held locally at a ranch, I was thinking something kind of country but fun...like Jimmy Buffet style music. Actually, the idea hit me when I thought about a co-worker of mine who's in a band that happens to sing Cajun country rock in good ol' fashioned Buffet style band. Of course, I have no idea what kind of music it really is or if it would be setting appropriate, but I'm interested and want to see, so I asked him to give me more info. I'll have a cd to listen to soon.
Picking out music is just one of the facets of planning I'm facing. Though I kind of like this task. I'm probably doing this whole planning thing way out of order. I'm not an in-line kind of thinker anyway. Planning ahead was never my forte. Thank goodness there's a Google app for that! According to this new online Google planner someone suggested to me, I'm doing it all wrong.
For now I'm happy to just have picked out a date and a venue. Well, two, but we'll get to that later! What I really need to do is sit down with myself and start going over the guest list. Then I need to get some addresses and start sending out "Save the dates" or whatever they are. Maybe I can do it all electronically. I like that idea a lot. I hate writing out addresses. I'll use my computer prowess to send out the informal dates, and good ol elbow grease to send out the formal invites. I may have to incorporate a few friends to help write those out!
I think I'll start looking at color themes and invitations. Guess I had better get to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment